[GTALUG] [OT]: Repair Caf? Toronto at Hacklab.to! Feb 21 2015

Giles Orr gilesorr at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 14:54:19 UTC 2015

On 14 February 2015 at 18:04, Scott Sullivan <scott at ss.org> wrote:
> The Repair Café is a monthly gathering, were they will have volunteer fixers
> available for computers, electronics, small appliances, clothes, books,
> among others. For whatever you need fixing, bring it on! You can learn how
> to fix it while enjoying a cup of coffee or tea. Or see what’s possible with
> the 3D printer or laser cutter on site. To avoid lineups, please arrive
> early. It would be best to arrive before 3 p.m. so that there is enough time
> for the fixer to examine your item.
>
> *When*: Saturday, February 21, 2015 – 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
> *Where*: HackLab.TO, 1266 Queen Street West, 2nd Floor (/buzz Unit #12/)
> *Cost*: Free (Donations are welcome!)
>
> https://hacklab.to/archives/repair-cafe-toronto-at-hacklab-to-feb-21-2015/
>
> Disclosure:
>
> I am a member of hacklab.to, which is an awesome place.
> I am the coordinator between Hacklab.to and Repair Cafe Toronto.
>
> Mending over discarding is Awesome!
>
> --
> Scott Sullivan
> with 'Hacklab Member' hat on.

And I'm a Repair Cafe fixer - have been almost since they opened the
doors in Toronto.  Here's the website:

http://repaircafetoronto.ca/

I think a lot of the people on TLUG are just as likely to fall into
the "potential fixer" category rather than the "needs a repair"
category.  I'd encourage you to come out even if you have nothing that
needs fixing - to enjoy HackLab (which is a very cool place) and to
get a feel for Repair Cafe, which is vibrant and lots of fun.  We can
always use more volunteers, and being a volunteer for them is
educational, fun, and rewarding.  I'll be there: come say Hi, look
over my shoulder and offer some advice on fixing the broken laptop I'm
likely to have sitting in front of me.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/