[GTALUG] Dinner before GTALUG meetings (was Meeting 10th February, 2015 at 7:30 pm)

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Feb 9 19:01:46 UTC 2015

| From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne at gmail.com>

| I'll observe that it is now the "Restaurant Formerly Known As Love at First
| Bite"; apparently changed management about 2 months ago, along with
| removing the Japanese/Thai options from the menu, whilst adding a few more
| grill-related things.

I recommend that we think again about where to congregate.  It seems too
late for changing it for tomorrow.

I kind of liked Mehran
<http://www.yelp.ca/biz/mehran-restaurant-toronto>
but surely there are other good choices.

Maybe ramen, but that might be too narrow a menu.  There are a few in
the area but this looks like a good one:
<http://www.yelp.ca/biz/kaiju-toronto>
Others:
<http://www.yelp.ca/biz/raijin-ramen-toronto>
<http://www.yelp.ca/biz/hokkaido-ramen-santouka-toronto-2>
menu on .jp site! <http://www.santouka.co.jp/en/menu/index.html>

Untested thai:
<http://www.yelp.ca/biz/thai-on-yonge-toronto-3>

Also untested Thai.  Looks expensive considering it is tapas.
<http://www.yelp.ca/biz/sabai-sabai-kitchen-and-bar-toronto>

Untested Afghan:
<http://www.yelp.ca/biz/kabul-express-toronto>
<http://kabulexpress.ca/>

I veto some nice choices based on sound level:
<http://www.yelp.ca/biz/guu-izakaya-toronto>
<http://www.yelp.ca/biz/salad-king-restaurant-toronto-2>

Any other suggestions?