[GTALUG] Lenovo Thinkpad T410

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Feb 3 03:05:28 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 08:29:44PM -0500, John Moniz wrote:
> I went back to the store to re-examine the T410 more closely and to
> look into the T420 as someone suggested. My attention switched to a
> T520 that he had available for $20 more than the T410. It has Intel
> wifi (Centrino) and switchable graphics (Intel & Nvidia). It
> presently has nvidia but he said I could get intel graphics instead.
> I don't know if this switchable thing means that I can swap graphics
> cards.
>
> Unless someone sounds an alarm soon, I'll be buying the T520 later
> in the week.

The T420/T520 like the T430/T530 should have nvidia optimus, which
means it has both intel and nvidia graphics, and switches on the fly
when asked to.

You can select in the BIOS which one it should enable by default at boot.

Obviously when the nvidia is off and the intel only in use, the battery
life is a lot better.

--
Len Sorensen