[GTALUG] distro for old machine and non-expert users

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 16:36:42 UTC 2015

You might try Linux Mint MATE and/or Xfce (latest is in beta).

I'd recommend you read this blog entry for Linux Mint, in regards to
MATE version (for juxtaposition with Cinnamon version).
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2038

regards,
Daniel Villarreal
http://www.youcanlinux.org/

If you're wanting to learn newer ways of doing things, you'd probably
going to want to look at CentOS 7, recently updated, and/or Fedora.

You might want to look at some different *BSD variants, also. I like the
lack of bloat in OpenBSD.