[GTALUG] great boxing week ultrabook deal

Giles Orr gilesorr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 12:09:50 UTC 2015

I've been looking at the Asus UX305 for the past couple months.  As
it's been ~$850 the whole time, I was happy to get it for $650.
Thanks for the information.

Microsoft's site insists you use or create a Microsoft account to
purchase from them: there's no guest option.  Presumably because you
will of course want that acct when you go online with their fine
operating system on your new laptop.

They don't accept the "+" symbol in email addresses.  They don't
accept spaces in their passphrases - so I guess they're only
"passwords."  So I took the spaces out of the passphrase ... and it
was rejected because they required special characters.  Unimpressive.

The irony of buying a computer from the Microsoft Store so I can
install Linux on it isn't lost on me.  I gave them money.  <sigh>  I
hope it was below cost and they aren't actually profiting from this.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr at gmail.com