[GTALUG] Seeking help with a unique Linux project?

Blaise Alleyne email+libre at blaise.ca
Tue Dec 22 15:41:47 UTC 2015

> On Tue, 15 Dec 2015, Blaise Alleyne wrote:
>> On 15/12/15 12:04 PM, Karen Lewellen wrote:
>>>

>> Oh, okay. So, why Squeeze then?
>

> Well, prior to joining here and starting this exchange, I had several
> reasons, some of which remain.
> for one very important reason, I have a full set of Squeeze DVD images
> sitting in this space. [...]

Personally, I wouldn't be attached to old Squeeze DVDs -- all the software on
them will need to be upgraded when you run the first update anyways, and it's
fairly easily to download an image (.iso) and create a startup disk with a USB
flash drive these days. (I haven't burned to DVD for 5 or 6 years, USB flash
drives are so much easier.)