[GTALUG] Interesting essay on filesystem consistency

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Dec 21 12:50:58 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 09:24:27PM -0500, Alvin Starr wrote:
> In the days of !path email a single file made a lot of sense.
>
> It was just much easier.
>
> That is defiantly not true today.
>
> You have to remember a very famous man once said "who needs more than 640K"

Except no one seems able to find any evidence he ever said that.

> and someone once predicted that the world would only need 5 computers.

Given what a computer was when that was stated, it was probably true.
For that type of computer.  Once they became smaller, cheaper, faster,
the market got a lot bigger.

> All our good ideas today in 20 or so years will be though of as just plain
> stupid.

Well the ideas of unix seems to be holding up pretty well after 45
years. :)

--
Len Sorensen