[GTALUG] Ten grand for this?

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Sat Dec 19 17:58:39 UTC 2015

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 01:01:50PM -0500, Howard Gibson wrote:
>   Why not throw the old hard drive into some old plastic bags, invite
> some friends over and have a sledge hammer party.  This is a good
> opportunity for any gun freaks out there.

Those harddisks are pretty difficult to destrop completely.  I use to
disassemble them, remove the magnets, and sandpaper the surfaces.  But,
that was before glass plates.  Now, I drill 4 holes and tape over the
holes so glass debris don't come out.

I guess, industrial process-wise, heating/melting them would be the
cheapest.
--
William