[GTALUG] Seeking help with a unique Linux project?

Blaise Alleyne email+libre at blaise.ca
Mon Dec 14 15:05:39 UTC 2015

Hi Karen,

I don't have very much experience with command line tools for music in
GNU/Linux, barring some pretty simple uses (encoding, monitoring MIDI notes,
making minor edits to sheet music typeset in Lilypond generated by Rosegarden).
But I have taken a head-first dive into audio production in GNU/Linux over the
past few years, and I use it for live performance and for composition and home
recording. I'd also be personally interested in at least some command line tools
for doing some of the things I currently do in GUIs.

I don't think I fully understand what you're trying to do (both musically, or
with the SSH component), but hopefully I can be of some assistance. Very curious
to learn more about what you're hoping to do in case I can help!

Regards,
Blaise

ps thanks for pinging me, Bob!