[GTALUG] Seeking help with a unique Linux project?

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 01:02:30 UTC 2015

On Thu 10 Dec 2015 19:17 -0500, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> I wish to make use of the varied console or command line based tools in
> Linux for my composition work, and if possible for accessing media materials
> too.

Command-line media tools: ffmpeg, mplayer, flac, metaflac, lame, mutagen
Composition: lilypond

Have a look here: http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/apps/start
There are so many programs to play around with.

> Such is also part of why I want to start with a comparative way to use my
> Linux box.  I would rather begin with a foundation where I can make use of
> and learn more right away, than fail to use the Linux box well at all.

What do you mean by comparative way?
There are so many possibilities that you always risk "failing to use it well".
What's important is that things work well enough to you and you always strive
for improvements.