[GTALUG] Seeking help with a unique Linux project?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Dec 10 22:35:54 UTC 2015

Hi Peter,
I appreciate the welcome.  Oddly enough the one question I can think of
first is if  drivers for hardware tend to remain even as the hardware ages?
Again for a few reasons, I would prefer to use Debian squeeze.  Yes it is
a couple of generations back, but I am told that more current editions
have an accessibility issue, the use of speech from the  <spelling>
Kernel.
Granted as expressed, I do not want to use the speech itself from the
machine, but use my own speech sources available to me as I ssh telnet.
Still if I ever want to change this, I should be able to do as much.  My
sound card goal while of professional quality does go back a bit.  Will I
still find that Debian squeeze supports this card?
thanks so much,
Kare