[GTALUG] Emulating a USB keyboard using ???

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Dec 6 12:28:32 UTC 2015

| From: Stewart Russell <scruss at gmail.com>

| The Model A, Compute Module, and Raspberry Pi Zero *can* do it, but will
| need some kernel fiddling to enable gadget mode.

The problem is that you don't get much other I/O on these.  No other
USB, no ethernet, no RS232-style serial port.  So yes, they could
emulate a keyboard but then it would be hard to provide input to the
Pi.

The various I/O pins could be harnessed but to me that would multiply
the complexity of a project.

(A project that would amuse me, but not enough to do it, would be to
build a KM switch (i.e. a Keyboard / Video / Mouse switch without the
video part).  But that would take n gadget interfaces.)