[GTALUG] Please add to list

pmb 3a9hif7y15 at cogeco.ca
Sat Aug 29 20:21:39 UTC 2015

Hello mailing list . . .

This is my first post so be gentle.

Most of the traffic here is way above my 'pay grade' so I just sit back
and read. I have learned a lot, more than a forum. Thank You.

The reason for my post is that I am moving soon and must downsize.

I have a few things to give away to an educational or charitable
organisation but anything other than a commercial operation in keeping
with the 'free and open source philosophy' model.

Over the past forty years or so I have accumulated an awful lot of
electronics (now surplus!), approximately five large plastic containers
full of stuff. It runs from cables (RCA, phono, USB, HDMI, SATA)
(dozens), wall power supplies (110 volt USB and proprietory)
(dozens), computer speakers, headphones, ear buds, USB hubs
(powered and not) and even a seventies SCSI cable. I have also three
LED monitors (working).

In its new days there were many thousands of dollars worth of wire and
plastic.  It would be a shame for it to go to the local electronics
recycling centre on the 19th of September where it may end up.

Any offers?

I am located about an hour away from Toronto.
Would request you come to me.
I suggest an SUV or pickup truck.

For free, for any audiophiles in the audience, I have two custom built
(by me) 5/4 inch solid teak speaker enclosures with three English KEF
speakers, a tuned port, and 150 watt three way crossovers minus the
front grills. Better get them quickly my cat has found the baffle
material and is slowly removing it through the tuned port! They weigh
about 20 / 25 kilograms apiece.

Any offers? I would like to see them go to a good home and not a
transit point to another owner, i.e. re-gifting or selling. These are
not for a hand held unit but a powerful audio amplifier or receiver. I
probably could throw in a Sony 300 watt receiver. I will not need it
after the speakers go.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Paul