[GTALUG] On the information prowl

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 15:49:14 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 8:39 AM, Russell Reiter <rreiter91 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dee, although you requested information on how to guides, allow me to
> recommend two O'reilly reference books which might help in the future. The
> first is Practical UNIX and Internet Security, this book has a
> comprehensive section on NFS. The other is UNIX Power Tools. You should be
> able to find both on the internet in PDF format. I have dog eared paper
> copies but I recall being able to find copies for others on the net.
> Personally, I find a little peripheral reading from a historical context
> to be quite helpful in troubleshooting setups.
> Hope this helps.

I used to buy books to learn things about Linux but haven't in quite a
while. Things change rapidly and books take forever to produce. An example
- - Debian 8 uses some different terms for setting up Apache2.4 than does
Debian 7. Apache 2.2 requires different folder names (sometimes) than does
2.4. I have also gotten myself in serious trouble doing things that were
legitimate somewhat previously and were no longer.

You're suggesting that these 2 hold value even long after they hit the
scene. Will look for them and get them handy!

Thanks for helping!

Dee