[GTALUG] NetworkManager scans wireless every 2min -- solution (finally)

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Wed Aug 19 23:36:08 UTC 2015

My wireless connection crawls for 20sec every 2min.  NetworkManager was
scanning my wireless network every 2min (iwevent says so).  The problem
is that the scan lasts 20sec, and during that 20sec, I get the following
dmesg messages:

    ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush

and my connection crawls.  The card is Linksys WMP600N (rt2800pci).

I tried different kernels, different driver settings, different
NetworkManager configurations, etc.  Since it's the only wireless card I
have, I couldn't try different card and didn't feel like buying another.

Finally, an accidental click led me to a solution:
    To prevent NetworkManager from scanning, set BSSID to the MAC
    address of access point.
--
William