[GTALUG] Pre-Meeting September 2015 Dinner [was GTALUG Meeting on 8th September, 2015 at 7:30pm]

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Tue Aug 18 21:45:33 UTC 2015

| From: Myles Braithwaite <me at mylesbraithwaite.com>

| Vote here for where we should go for the pre-meeting dinner:
| <http://survey.gtalug.org/index.php/437662>.

Thanks for setting this up!

Great feature: the yelp link in each entry.

I think that Doner Kebab House is just a duplicate of Donair Kebab
House.

Kathy's Corner seems to mostly be rotisserie chicken (not sandwiches)
judging by yelp.

Beware: sessions time out.  I voted but the result was ignored.  I had
the screen up for a few hours but I didn't know that this was a
problem.

The left column is called "Your choices" but it actually lists the
restaurants you haven't chosen.

Korean Grill House seems to be cooked by the customer, at the table.
One choice is "all you can eat".  As much fun as that is, I'm not sure
that's great for finishing on time or being awake in the meeting (I
admit I'm not good at that).

This is fun (I haven't finished).  I never realized that it was so
hard to rank things versus just vote for one.  Algorithmically,
selecting is O(n) but ranking is O(n log n).  But that assumes that
comparing is O(1); it seems not to be a bit worse.