[GTALUG] Ubuntu (or debian): apt-get auto-remove?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Aug 17 13:07:53 UTC 2015

| From: David Mason <dmason at ryerson.ca>
|
| On 17 August 2015 at 01:42, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh at mimosa.com> wrote:
|
| > | From: Chris F.A. Johnson <chris at cfajohnson.com>
| >
| > |     Best practice is not to use it at all.
| > |
| > |    <http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashFAQ/105>
| >

| Sorry, late to this thread, but that page doesn't refer to -u

That's my fault for trimming too much.  Please look back to the

This part was about "set -e".

Chris points out that the limitations of -e are not obvious and
concludes that the feature is best avoided.  The main non-obvious
limitation seems to be that failing subshells don't cause the script
to stop.  Remember that pipelines include subshells.