[GTALUG] Poweredger server question

Brent Kimberley Brent.Kimberley at Durham.ca
Mon Aug 17 11:48:56 UTC 2015

‎Using the service tag, go to support.dell.com and read the manual(s), drivers, firmware etc. Press control C or R at boot up to access the raid config. Don't forget to check / upgrade the firmware.

From: o1bigtenor
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2015 23:33
To: GTALUG Talk
Reply To: GTALUG Talk
Subject: [GTALUG] Poweredger server question

Greetings

Managed to buy a Dell poweredge 2950II server.

What an odyssey to set up the bios!!!

I have 2 drives I got with the machine - - - they were part of a Raid 5 array.
Now there are only 2 drives (will never by a raid 5 array by definition) and I need some way of formatting them so that I can turn them into a Raid 1 array. (Its all hardware raid on this box.)

Anyone with any idea on how to do that to scsi drives when the controller won't let me change their settings and I have no other pox to put them in. (Connector is a wee bit different than for SATA!)

Dee
THIS MESSAGE IS FOR THE USE OF THE INTENDED RECIPIENT(S) ONLY AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY, CONFIDENTIAL, AND/OR EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER ANY RELEVANT PRIVACY LEGISLATION. No rights to any privilege have been waived. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying, conversion to hard copy, taking of action in reliance on or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please notify me by return e-mail and delete or destroy all copies of this message.