[GTALUG] Alternative to KOrganizer (KDE) ?

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 14:19:02 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 6:54 AM, Giles Orr <gilesorr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13 August 2015 at 02:00, William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> > KOrganizer is a calendar program in KDE.  And, it's the only thing
> > that's tying me to KDE desktop.
> >
> > What calendar program do you guys use in other desktops?  I know of and
> > test drove
> >     - Evolution (GNOME)
> >     - Orage (XFCE)
> > But, they can't pull me off KDE, yet.
>
> I use Google Calendar, which is brilliant AND co-ordinates with my
> phone.  It also gives my entire life schedule to Google, totally
> compromising my privacy.  I suspect you're being more reasonable and
> avoiding this route: more power to you.  Sadly, all calendars in my
> life are now measured by the great - but privacy destroying - Google
> Calendar, and all others have failed.  <sigh>
>
> I am presently using a little program called osmo which doesn't work that
well.

My problem is that I am planning ahead in about 2 year blocks where there
are
a lot of things that I am tracking and noting most of which are related (and
inter-related).

I wish there were an option besides Google calendar too - - - maybe its
time that someone wrote one!

(Wish that could be me but I have never done any programming yet!)

Dee