[GTALUG] Locking KDE 5 screen from shell script

Randy Jonasz rjonasz at rjonasz.org
Wed Aug 12 07:21:41 UTC 2015

I recently installed kde5 on debian stretch.  I have a yubikey which I
use to log in with.  I'd like to lock the screen when I remove the
yubikey.  I have it working with cinnamon and lxde but I can't quite get
it with kde.  I can lock the screen if I run the shell script from a
terminal as root but when I remove the yubikey the shell script returns
error code 1.

Here's my shell scripts:

ykgone.sh

Konsole output
#! /bin/sh
if [ -z "$(lsusb | grep Yubikey)" ] ; then
        if [ ! -z "$(ps aux | grep cinnamon-session | grep -v grep)" ] ;
then
                /bin/su rjonasz -c "DISPLAY=:0
cinnamon-screensaver-command -l"
        elif [ ! -z "$(ps aux | grep startkde | grep -v grep)" ] ; then
                /usr/bin/sudo -u rjonasz -H -i  /usr/local/bin/lockkde.sh
        else
                /bin/su rjonasz -c "DISPLAY=:0 xscreensaver-command --lock"
        fi
fi

lockkde.sh

Konsole output
#! /bin/sh

kde_pid=`pidof kdeinit5`
export `cat /proc/$kde_pid/environ|grep -ao
'DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=[[:graph:]]*'`
/usr/bin/qdbus org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver /ScreenSaver Lock

I can't seem to figure this one out.

Thanks for any help!

Randy

--
Even philosophers will praise war as ennobling mankind, forgetting
the Greek who said: 'War is bad in that it begets more evil than

Immanuel Kant