[GTALUG] Thinkpad T420 as a VM host

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Aug 11 13:57:18 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 08:37:09PM -0400, David Collier-Brown wrote:
> I have a new  T440p with 16GB, running Fedora 22, thus far it's reasonable.
> I'm a hunt-and-peck person, so the KB isn't a big consideration: it works,
> I'm happy.

Unfortunately each generation has different keyboards so they are
not comparable.  The x30 models went to chicklet keyboards (which I so
far am very happy with), but the x40 (no idea if the x40p is the same)
has had a lot of complaints about keyboard latyout and most of all the
changes to the trackpad and trackpoint buttons, although the some updates
have fixed that again (like the W541).

I think the x20 was the last with the classic thinkpad keyboard, but I
am not entirely sure since I never used one myself.

--
Len Sorensen