[GTALUG] UEFI bios/firmware

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Aug 10 20:11:10 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 04:36:18PM -0400, James Knott wrote:
> On 08/07/2015 04:07 PM, Abby wrote:
> > That is what I have done, but most of the computers have been very
> > difficult or impossible for me to deactivate.
>
> You can thank Microsoft for that.

Well for Windows 8 certification Microsoft required that there must be
a user controllable setting to turn it off (although it must be on by
default).  I am under the impression that Windows 10 certification no
longer requires that such an option exist, so unfortunately some system
makers might stupidly decide to not have such an option (of course no
sane person should then buy from them, but many people won't know that).

--
Len Sorensen