[GTALUG] Processing a binary file with a shell script

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Mon Aug 10 09:43:45 UTC 2015

You don't need "tools" to write Bourne shell script, because the script
itself is text file.  If you're talking about shell wrapper, then
    #! /bin/sh
    your_c_program "$@"
would call your C program with the same arguments.  You can use "exec"
to replace the script, if you want PID to be the same, ie.
    #! /bin/sh
    exec your_c_program "$@"
--
William