[GTALUG] Fedora 22 Networking

Howard Gibson hgibson at eol.ca
Sun Aug 9 23:59:53 UTC 2015

   I have just installed Fedora_22 on my Lenovo Thinkpad T400 laptop.
I cannot get the networking to work, Ethernet or Wi-Fi.

   I can turn Wi-Fi on, and I can see the Wi-Fi servers.  When I
connect to mine, it just sits there trying to connect until it times
out.  I tried connecting with an invalid Wi-Fi password, and it
prompted me for the correct one, so it is validating this, but not
connecting.

   When I look at dmesg, I see a bunch of messages about authenticating
and deauthinticating to a MAC address.  This MAC address matches the
address of my router except for the last number, which is 87, and
should be 86.  Fedora_22 no longer has /var/log/messages.

   I had some difficulties when I did the install from DVD.  A screen
came up and said "Oh no!  Something has occurred and the system can't
recover. All extensions have been disabled as a precaution."  I
searched the web and I removed xorg-x11-drv-libinput.  This got the
install working.  I removed it from the actual installed computer, as
per the instructions on the website.  I was having network problems
both before and after I did this.

   Has anybody seen anything like this?  Fedora_20 was a fairly easy
install for ordinary mortals.  Fedora_22 seems to be a huge step
backwards.

   Thanks.

--
Howard Gibson