[GTALUG] Thinkpad T420 as a VM host

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 6 08:55:53 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 11:20:10PM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> I'm using a mechanical keyboard to type this (Rosewill RK-6000;
> imitation Alps keys, somewhat like Cherry Blue).  It is fine, but not
> a revelation.  I have the same reaction to my wife's keyboard with
> Cherry brown switches.  I find it especially disappointing that a key
> can register on my keyboard without a click and a click can happen
> without a registration (these problems don't seem to happen with the
> way I type).

Considering amount of typing I do, keyboard is very important for me.  I
use Topre Realforce keyboard (capacitive key).  It's the most expensive
keyboard, but my wrists would not have lasted this long without it.

I can accept the hassle of external keyboard with laptop... if the
laptop has 16GB.  On my Slackware machine, my ram usage is 8GB (out of
16GB total).  Firefox-31.8.0esr alone is using 4GB!  That leaves 8GB for
VMs.
--
William