[GTALUG] Where Should We Dine Before the August 2015 GTALUG Meeting? (was GTALUG Meeting on 11th August, 2015 at 7:30pm)

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Tue Aug 4 20:43:32 UTC 2015

| From: Myles Braithwaite <me at mylesbraithwaite.com>

| Let's try doing this again, vote for where you want to go for dinner
| before the August GTALUG meeting
| <http://survey.gtalug.org/index.php/642325>.

Thanks!  You present several good choices.

I see that this time we are only allowed to vote for one.
Last time we were allowed to tick more than one.

I'd prefer to see a way of providing more information.  I'm not sure
what it would look like.  Ranking?  Fractional votes?

More details of the choices:

Restaurant Formerly Known As Love at First Bite (Pizza)
	We know this one.  Not bad at all.

Kaiju (Japanese Curry)
	- we went there once before.  Service a bit overwhelmed
	  but very polite and accomodating.

	- one of several restaurants in the food court.
	  + allows alternate choices while eating together
	  + but most are closed at our time

Hokkaido Ramen Santouka
	Japanese noodle soup chain.
	<http://www.santouka.co.jp/en/menu/index.html>
	<http://www.yelp.ca/biz/hokkaido-ramen-santouka-toronto-2>

Lou Dawg's (BBQ)
	We've been there once (some of us more, I think).
	<http://loudawgs.com/home.html>

The Senator (Diner)
	<http://thesenator.com/>
	Apparently the New York Times reviewed it!
	By the prices, I'd call this a faux diner.
	The cheapest entree (today?) is
	"8 oz Cumbraeā€™s Naturally Raised Beef Burger - $16"
	(Cumbrae is a very well thought of local butcher)

OPA! of Greece Dundas Street (Greek)
	<http://www.opasouvlaki.ca/home>
	A national chain / franchise.  May well be good.

Banh Mi Boys (Vietnamese)
	<http://www.banhmiboys.com/menu.htm>

	I remember discovering Banh Mi on Spadina, near Dundas.
	Amazing sandwiches for $1 or $1.25.  Well they've gone up
	there to perhaps $2 (I haven't looked since TLUG and Hacklab
	deserted the area.

	These guys do an upmarket version.  Surely worth the money.
	But it makes me wistful for the good old days ("more
	authentic").

Roti Roll Caribbean Cuisine
	<http://www.rotiroll.com/caribbeanFood.php#abouttemp-box>

Each of these is probably yelped if you wish to read comments.