[GTALUG] Toronto Star videos no longer work

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sat Apr 25 18:54:47 UTC 2015

| From: Howard Gibson <hgibson at eol.ca>

|    I am watching a video on the Toronto Star site right now using Google Chrome on Fedora_20.
|
|    Netflix works on Google Chrome.

[I'm no expert: I don't like Flash so I don't have it on my Linux
machines (although some in my family do install Flash).  In fact,
HTML5 is annoying because finally I'm seeing ad videos in my browser.]

I was under the impression that Adobe no longer supports Flash on
Linux.  But that Chrome (not Chromium, I assume) on Linux does have
newer Flash:
<http://www.pcworld.com/article/250455/for_flash_on_linux_chrome_will_be_users_only_choice.html>
Maybe that policy is no longer operative.