[GTALUG] Virtualized OSes

Scott Elcomb psema4 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 02:20:57 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 9:45 PM, Giles Orr <gilesorr at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Assuming I want the base OS (does that term even apply?) to be Linux,
> and I don't like proprietary software, what's the "best choice" if I
> want to simultaneously run things like Debian Jessie, TinyCore,
> SliTaz, and possibly even Windows 7?
>
> Links to good tutorials and "Getting Started" guides would also be
> very much appreciated.

I've not tried it yet (it's on my todo list) but you might have a look
at Qubes OS.  May not be exactly what you're looking for but it's the
closest that I can think of (aside from VirtualBox et al).  If it's
possible to run docker (perhaps via subuser)* under Qubes, you might
be able to have your cake and eat it too.

<https://www.qubes-os.org/>

Best,
- Scott.

* Additional links