[GTALUG] Toronto Star videos no longer work

Daniel Wayne Armstrong daniel at circuidipity.com
Tue Apr 21 13:39:53 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 8:07 AM, James Knott <james.knott at rogers.com> wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed that the videos on the Toronto Star site no
> longer work with Linux?  I've tried Firefox, Seamonkey and Chromium
> browsers.  The videos do work in Windows.

Running Arch Linux + Firefox  37.0.2 to watch video at this link:

https://www.thestar.com/life/sourced/2015/04/08/carls-jrs-queen-west-location-has-a-dedicated-milkshake-bar-sourced.html

I needed to temporarily disable the HTTPS-Everywhere plugin... after
restarting and using 'http' links the videos played OK.

Chrome 42.0.2311.90 with no plugins played the videos OK.

--
(o<  .: Per curiositas ad astra .: http://www.circuidipity.com
(/)_