[GTALUG] git questions

Kevin kevin at ve3syb.ca
Mon Apr 6 20:16:02 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-06 08:39, Aruna Hewapathirane wrote:
> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://github.com/magicmonty/bash-git-prompt
> [2] https://github.com/olivierverdier/zsh-git-prompt
> [3]
> http://0xfe.blogspot.ca/2010/04/improved-git-enabled-shell-prompt.html
> [4] https://try.github.io/levels/1/challenges/1
> [5] http://git-scm.com/book/en/v2

I was forced to start using git as some of the open source projects I
work on switched to using it for maintaining their public code
repositories. Git is different enough from the other VCS' I have used
that it drove me batty at first. With git I often wound up with my
checked out code "not on a branch". I've lost code changes I was working
on while using git. That never happened while using any of the
RCS/CVS/SVN tools. Eventually I started to get a bit of a handle on git
and created my own cheat sheet for it.

I have made it available via the wiki on my website. The URL is
http://www.ve3syb.ca/wiki/doku.php/docs:git_survivors_guide

--

Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that
distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why
we're