[GTALUG] Help; system date goes to GMT hour when I hibernate

James Knott james.knott at rogers.com
Mon Apr 6 16:06:35 UTC 2015

On 04/06/2015 11:48 AM, Walter Dnes wrote:
>> You may want to check your clock.  You apparently sent this message
>> > about 3.5 hours from now.  Or perhaps you were just being proactive.
>> > ;-)
>   Actually, it was 4 hours.

It was 3.5 hours from the time I posted.  While looking at your message
headers, I could see it was UTC, which is, at this time of the year, 4
hours ahead.

>   After reading your email, I dug deeper.  Apparently, it's just the
> "kernel system time" that gets bumped forward when it comes up from
> hibernation.  The BIOS clock is OK.  As a heavy-handed hack, I've
> inserted the line...

I have my computers configured to use NTP to get accurate time.  My
notebook computer often is in hybernation, but I've never seen this time
issue.