[GTALUG] Booting Jessie from USB

Alex Volkov avolkov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:57:44 UTC 2015

Hi Giles,

Debian Jessie is running 3.16 which doesn't support c720 hardware. If
you want to try out Debian, you either need to install wheezy ( but that
kernel doesn't support touchpad), or install any kernel that is version
3.17 or above.
I suggest you download one from experimental and install it manually --
https://packages.debian.org/experimental/kernel/linux-image-3.19.0-trunk-amd64

I've been running it for a few months on my c720 without any issues.

Alex.

[alex at alex-c720[09:50:47]:~]
$ uname -a
Linux alex-c720 3.19.0-trunk-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.19-1~exp1
(2015-02-12) x86_64 GNU/Linux
[alex at alex-c720[09:52:25]:~]
$ dpkg --list | grep 3.19.0
ii  linux-image-3.19.0-trunk-amd64
3.19-1~exp1                         amd64        Linux 3.19 for 64-bit PCs