[GTALUG] capturing the output of any program and inserting in db

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Thu Oct 30 00:00:18 UTC 2014

If you're putting event data in databases, reduce your usual logs first
with antilog, so the borring regular stuff doesn't appear.
Conversely, if certain things should appear, check for them and log an
"expected event missing" entry.

Think of the DB as a history of exceptions in a"management by
exceptions" scheme.

--dave
[See also antilog, http://datacenterworks.com/stories/antilog.html and
http://sourceforge.net/projects/antilog/]