[GTALUG] simple straightforward tool for mainaining small networked of imaged linux boxes

Walter Dnes waltdnes at waltdnes.org
Tue Oct 7 18:14:40 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 07:01:42AM -0400, Matt Price wrote
> Lennart, can you explain that process in more detail?  I mean, what tool
> would one PXE boot from?
>
> Walter, that is helpful but still sounds pretty time-consuming -- I would
> like to find a way to have an unattended re-imaging that can run
> more-or-less simultaneously on all the machines.

  The idea is to make one "reference install" and then copy it to several
USB keys.  Then boot-and-dd from 1 key to 1 machine.  Question... can your
LAN handle several machines installing several gigabytes of OS
simultaneously?

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes at waltdnes.org>