[GTALUG] Xrandr problem

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 11:11:42 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 10:35 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh at mimosa.com> wrote:

> | From: o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor at gmail.com>
>
> |  Its a pity that nouveau
> | weren't just either seriously upgraded or perhaps deprecated.
>
> Nouveau impresses me given that it is a product of reverse
> engineering.
>
> If you were to deprecate it, I would hope that you have an open source
> replacement.

As a user nouveau feels like it was created to be 'good enough' rather than
to lead.
It is because of the lack of support for multi-card and multi-monitor
systems that
I say this.
In fairness I see a lot of businesses using a 17 or a 19 inch LCD monitor -
- -
someone is really missing the productivity increase that you can get from
more
screen real estate.

My system is set up with 20 desktops where I have 16 defined for different
tasks
and/or needs. This available space makes it easy to switch from one task to
another
without taking a lot of time to find the various bits needed to do the work.

Dee