[GTALUG] simple straightforward tool for mainaining small networked of imaged linux boxes

Matt Price moptop99 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 23:29:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

Over at Free Geek Toronto <http://www.freegeektoronto.org/>, we have a
small computer classroom of desktop boxes that run Linux Mint.  Every
couple of weeks we re-install clean images by hand.  The process is pretty
labourious and time-consuming, and we would much rather automate it
somehow.  However, none of us is a real sysadmin, and the tools I know a
tiny bit about (landscape, puppet) are non-free and relatively complex.  We
have very limited financial resources and our volunteer capacity is also a
bit strained right now.  Does anyone have suggestions for a simple, easy
way to automate the flashing of images in a small network?

Thanks as always -- this is my first post on the new list!

Matt