[GTALUG] Linux hosting

Tim Tisdall tisdall at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 13:49:58 UTC 2014

I just wondering what people's current experiences are with cheap Linux web
hosting.  Right now I'm using vps.net and while they're cheap it's not
uncommon to have a 10hr downtime (which I'm in the middle of this
morning).  They don't seem to have any sort of basic monitoring of their
nodes to automatically be notified when a system is down (at least not on
an individual node level), they rely on me contacting them.

Has anyone had experience with digitalocean or linode for fairly long term
hosting?  I've only used digitalocean for occasional VPN use but have had
no issues.

-Tim