[GTALUG] Xrandr problem

Peter King peter.king at utoronto.ca
Wed Oct 1 00:36:22 UTC 2014

I have an annoying problem.  I run a two-monitor setup with
xrandr, one monitor in portrait and the other in landscape
mode.  I set xrandr in the .xinitrc file, and it works well.
The only problem is that when I quit the window manager (in
this case goomwwm), the screen goes to black and I'm pretty
sure I never return to the console (blind typing produces no
results).  The computer itself keeps running; I can ssh in.
Any advice or suggestions?  I can't quite figure how to turn
xrandr *off* once it's been set in .xinitrc.  Oh, and if I
boot without xrandr, I go straight back to the console when
I quit X (as it should).

Peter King			 	peter.king at utoronto.ca
Department of Philosophy
170 St. George Street #521
The University of Toronto		    (416)-978-4951 ofc
Toronto, ON  M5R 2M8
       CANADA

http://individual.utoronto.ca/pking/

GPG keyID 0x7587EC42 (2B14 A355 46BC 2A16 D0BC  36F5 1FE6 D32A 7587 EC42)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 7587EC42