[GTALUG] 27" monitor $300

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Tue Nov 25 15:27:35 UTC 2014

| From: Matt Price <moptop99 at gmail.com>

| http://slickdeals.net/f/7402732-27-monoprice-2560x1440-ips-panel-pro-led-monitor-300-free-shipping
|
| I have no idea if this is a good monitor or not, I'm not in the market so
| not making the necessary effort to find out...

Monoprice has a good reputation as a no-nonsense source for cables and
the like.  It is a US company.  They will ship to Canada but that has
friction: shipping costs (not free), customs brokerage costs, HST,
currency exchange costs.  And, of course, no local warranty.

I seem to remember that they've been selling inexpensive 27" monitors
for a year or two.  The other source of this kind of thing is direct
from Korea.

Here's a very very long thread about these monitors from Korea:
<http://forums.redflagdeals.com/rfds-official-korean-27-2-5k-2560x1440-resolution-monitor-deals-118323>
display panel, very basic electronics (only supports dual-link DVI and
only at native resolution).

(slickdeals.net is a US deals site.  Like the Canadian
redflagdeals.com site.  The fora appear to be driven by consumers, not
vendors.)