[GTALUG] ffmpeg question

Zbigniew Koziol softquake at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 18:50:25 UTC 2014

Thanks, Lennart and John for suggestions.

I suspect that it was the right idea that ffmpeg can not do this. I
would prefer rather to have a command from terminal where everything is
there, not an external program (though I did them already installed and
will try one day).

However, just after posting to this list (that is an advantage of
writing here; that stimulates own thinking) an idea, a simple one, come:

Well... instead of changing the time of displaying an individual image,
I could instead create a number of copies of every image, according to
the need (the time of display), enumerate them accordingly, and.. thats
it! In other world, instead of controlling the time of display, I would
rather adjust the number of copies of identical images. For a
presentation with a few tens of images this is a prefectly convenient
solution around the problem.

zb.

On 11/19/2014 07:25 PM, John Moniz wrote:
> On 11/19/2014 11:37 AM, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> For some here the answer will probably be know right away. That is
>> why I am writing, after long googling.
>>
>> I would like to create a sort of video presentation from images.
>> However, I would like that every slide (image) is displayed for a
>> different time duration. This is just the first step; next i would
>> like to combine voice with that, but it is probably another problem,
>> for later.
>>
>> Hence, I have a sequence of images y-%2d.png
>>
>> The following works for me:
>>
>> ffmpeg -framerate 1/10 -i y-%2d.png -c:v mpeg4 -vf
>> "fps=2,format=yuv420p" out.mp4
>>
>> And the following works, too:
>>
>> ffmpeg -r 1/2 -start_number 7 -i y-%2d.png -c:v mpeg4 -vf
>> "fps=2,format=yuv420p" out.mp4
>>
>> However, how to control the time of displaying individual images? Is
>> that possible at all?
>>
>> I thought that something like this may work:
>>
>> ffmpeg -r 1/5 -i y-01.png -r 1 -i y-02.png -c:v mpeg4 -vf
>> "fps=2,format=yuv420p" out.mp4
>>
>> It does not. The first image is displayed, only.
>>
>> Kind regards from Poland,
>> zb.
>>
> I have used PhotoFilmStrip and also Imagination. One of them does the
> individual time duration, can't remember which.
>
> John.
>

> ---
> GTALUG Talk Mailing List - talk at gtalug.org

Zbigniew Kozioł