[GTALUG] Firefox is a pig

Blaise Alleyne email+libre at blaise.ca
Mon Nov 17 20:51:49 UTC 2014

On 17/11/14 03:27 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> | From: Clifford Ilkay <clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com>
>
> | On 11/17/2014 01:27 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
>
> | > I would like each "compartment" to be isolated and instrumented.
>
> | You just described Google Chrome.
>
> That's interesting.  I originally thought so too, but others said that
> it didn't work out that way.  (This was years ago.)
>
> Can you really use this to figure out which tab is eating CPU?  Bonus:
> eating memory?

Yes, take a look at the Task Manager in Chromium, e.g.
http://www.geniosity.co.za/genwp/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/google-chrome-task-manager.png

Though, there are a ton of other reasons not to use Chromium -- Mozilla's
support for open standards, open internet, Chrome/Chromium phone home stuff, etc.