[GTALUG] Firefox is a pig

David Thornton northdot9 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 17:02:46 UTC 2014

I dunno, I am not too quick to jump on blaming the browser as "memory
leaky". I am willing to bet some sites are not built with your memory in
mind. Consider sites that just load and load javascript objects ad
nauseum.  Should the browser say : "ok that's enough web site, no more java
script objects for you" ? and if it's a reasonable X for a single site ...
and you have 300 sites open .. is 300X ok for your computer?

This is not a simple problem, so I think it's ok to ask a user to "be
considerate" of their own memory/ system resources (heaven forbid the user
knowa a smidge about how her/his computer works )

David