[GTALUG] Firefox is a pig

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 16:14:45 UTC 2014

On 17 November 2014 11:03, David Thornton <northdot9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Browser != OS.
>
> _even_ Chrome gets confused from time to time.
>
> I don't think it's too much to ask to just "reboot" your browser.

But it's also not too much to ask to hope for the browser to not be
*too* dramatically memory leaky.

And It sure seems like the browsers have gotten memory leaky, even
without resorting to Flash and Java.  It looks to me like Javascript, which
is pretty well mandatory these days what with all the "web applications"
using AJAX and such, can chew great gobs of memory without hardly
trying.