[GTALUG] Thinkpad choices today?

Daniel Wayne Armstrong daniel at circuidipity.com
Fri Nov 14 23:56:22 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 5:41 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh at mimosa.com> wrote:

> | From: Giles Orr <gilesorr at gmail.com>
>
> | On 14 November 2014 14:54, Daniel Wayne Armstrong
> | <daniel at circuidipity.com> wrote:
>
> | > Second the C720 Chromebook as a cheap and cheerful Linux laptop. I
> replaced
> | > Chrome OS with Lubuntu 14.04. My install notes (with Synaptic config):
> | >
> | > http://www.circuidipity.com/c720-lubuntubook.html
>
> Thanks!  I'm about to embark on this.
>
> Can I install with developer mode and then, when I'm happy, THEN do the
> write protect screw thing?  Or would that require installing a second
> time?

Removing the write protect screw erases the SSD... so a second install
would be required. That is the way I did it myself: experimented with
developer mode the first time, then when I was satisfied I removed the
screw and installed a second time.

--
(o<  .: Per curiositas ad astra .: http://www.circuidipity.com
(/)_