[GTALUG] [OT] Git Conundrum

Scott Elcomb psema4 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 19:54:24 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Alex Beamish <talexb at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if git-bisect would help, but I've found it useful to isolate
> where a particular change took place. You might find that there's a merge
> that was done in the wrong direction (it happens).

Thanks Alex. So far no luck - everything looks about right (but
obviously isn't) :(

Alas things get even stranger... using one of about a half-dozen
similar issues, running a recursive diff on files from both my dev and
staging environments show they are the same (same with the dataset the
code is working on - they appear to be identical), however the two
environments are not acting (sorting, specifically) the same.

Code, datasets, db servers, OS's & packages are - for all intents and
purposes - the same (dev work takes place inside Vagrant images)

In this particular case, on staging we're seeing a bug that was (and
according to the file system, *is*) fixed and QA'd to death months
ago. On dev it is acting as expected (ie. is fixed).

--
  Scott Elcomb         @psema4
  http://psema4.com/pubkey.txt