[GTALUG] teksavvy dsl 2 modem that runs OpenWRT

Alex Volkov avolkov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 04:15:28 UTC 2014

The closest thing to what I was looking for is TD-W8961ND, but it specs
aren't so great, (only 4MB of flash) and when I initially read installation
instructions for OpenWRT, they seemed somewhat dodgy --
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr841nd

I ended up buying TD-8616 ADSL2+ standalone modem, it's $23.99 plus tax.

It is possible to install OpenWRT on Raspberry Pi there's pretty good
support of RPI -- http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/raspberry_pi

I know it's a massive overkill, but in this case I don't really need
network ports, I already own several linux-friendly USB wireless cards that
can be run in Host AP mod, and of course I wanna see if it's gonna work.
I just need dig up a ethernet crossover cable, which I prematurely
relegated to be a thing of the past.

Alex.