[GTALUG] How can I read html email stored in Maildir format?

John Sellens jsellens at syonex.com
Sun Nov 2 04:23:44 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014/10/31 10:30:49PM -0400, Walter Dnes <waltdnes at waltdnes.org> wrote:
|   Anyhow, back to topic... what apps/programs are capable of *DIRECTLY*
| reading HTML mails that are stored in Maildir format?

I often want the same thing (or mbox files, or ...) and the best I could
come up with was running an IMAP server on localhost (dovecot in my case)
and using thunderbird.

I think I found a few clients that claimed to deal with maildir and/or
mbox (most often the latter if I recall correctly) but was dissatisfied
with them for one reason or another.

Day to day use, I use mutt with a .mailcap file that invokes elinks
on html when necessary, and can toss it to firefox if needed (which
is more complicated when firefox is local and mutt is on a remote
machine), but that often doesn't include the images in the message
display.

Mail used to be so much simpler ...

Hope that helps!

John