[GTALUG] teksavvy dsl 2 modem that runs OpenWRT

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 15:41:00 UTC 2014

On 14-11-01 07:12 PM, Scott Allen wrote:
> I've found TP-Link products to be inexpensive and reliable
I'd /generally/ agree, but like all consumer networking manufacturing,
they'll change the hardware inside to suit their costs and not
necessarily update the name or model number. If you're running ARM or a
non-Intel Linux, that change in chipset — no matter how small (oh hai
Realtek) — means the difference between a working network adaptor or a
USB-attached ambient air-warmer.

So saying, I had a computer that worked solidly for many years using the
cheapest TP-Link network card and (ack bleaah) NDISwrapper.

cheers,
 Stewart