[GTALUG] How can I read html email stored in Maildir format?

Walter Dnes waltdnes at waltdnes.org
Sat Nov 1 02:30:49 UTC 2014

  My 7-year-old modem/router is starting to occasionally get flakey, so
I ordered a new one from Teksavvy.  Canada Post sent a tracking update,
and it was unreadable in mutt, not to mention that 90% of the email was
graphics...

-- Mutt: Attachments
  I     1 EM ALERT Form         [text/html, quoted, utf-8, 24K]
  I     2 filename.BMP                [image/bmp, base64, 109K]
  I     3 filename.BMP                 [image/bmp, base64, 16K]
  I     4 filename.BMP                 [image/bmp, base64, 16K]
  I     5 filename.BMP                 [image/bmp, base64, 16K]
  I     6 filename.BMP                 [image/bmp, base64, 16K]
  I     7 filename.BMP                 [image/bmp, base64, 36K]

  I copied the email to a text file, consulted with "Mr. Google", and
found the sed invocation to turn it into something that Firefox could
read.  According to the tracking link, the modem/router has been
accepted at Chatham and is now on route to Richmond Hill.  Since I live
in Vaughan, that means I'll probably have to pick it up at a depot
somewhere.

  Anyhow, back to topic... what apps/programs are capable of *DIRECTLY*
reading HTML mails that are stored in Maildir format?

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes at waltdnes.org>