[GTALUG] Power Supplies & Video Cards

ted leslie ted.leslie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 18:58:57 UTC 2014

​Some new video cards require​ PS 4-6-8 prong plugs right to card from PS.
So if your PS doesn't have those, you are SOL.
As well, if it doesn't need those, the cards, especially recent ones have
power saving features, i.e. turn up their
performance as needed, so power draw can flux.
Only way to tell is add the max draw watts from everything, including max
draws from drive start up surges, etc,
and leave a bit of room as well.
300w seems pretty low.

-tl